Sunday, September 30, 2018
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Finished up with keyboard on the Atari got the case all cleaned up and put back together. And started working on the Pi1541.
Heres the layout i decided to go with on the board.
This is the first time using perfboard like this, i've only used the pre printed ones before. Its not the prettiest wire layout but it works, mostly. The Piezo Buzzer admits a very annoying high pitched squeal when in use. so that will be disabled. I will be ordering a 1 inch Oled screen for it, and eventually make another one but this time put in it some kind of project box or put it in an actual 1541 case, i have a non-working one laying around.
Friday, September 7, 2018
Got the ribbon cable reattached, found out that stripping a ribbon cable is annoying. took a little trial and error and lost a few inches of the cable but finally got it on and working. Then for the switch i just soldered the connection together on the bottom of the power board.
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Going to get started on my Atari 800, i've taken it apart already so i know whats wrong with it, 1. the keyboard wasn't working and then the cable broke. 2. the power switch that triggers when you close the lid isn't working, there's a small piece that came off, so not sure if i'm going to fix that or just bypass it. and Also the case and keyboard need a but of a cleaning.
Monday, September 3, 2018
Got the keyboard wired back together. Thought about using headers but i had already started and they didn't fit anyway. Its not the prettiest but it at least works now. Now to see if i can do something about the video.
Sunday, September 2, 2018
Decided to start work on my PC8300 first. Basically its just an upgraded Sinclair ZX81 with a custom ULA chip, composite video, sound, and a joystick port. The cable broke off from the keyboard circuit board. I have it all un-soldered and now just need to make a new cable for it. im still figuring out this blogging thing so my posts will be kinda a mess for a bit.